We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

Which Inverness hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baden-Wurttemberg...
1 post
Save Topic
Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

Hi there,

does anybody know if there are any highland bustours starting from inverness in february?

Kind regards

Scotland, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

I'd be very surprised if the answer's yes. February is easily the quietest month of the year for the whole area, and I can't see that being a worthwhile venture for a bus company. The weather is often against this as well.

The main (well - ONLY) bus station in Inverness is at Margaret Street.

www.invernessbid.co.uk/inverness-bus-station

Alternatively, if looking for a touch of class, try http://www.invernesstours.com/

This is a private tour company.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

I can't recommend any personally, but a quick google throws up some options. Especially if you don't want to go far (day trip to Loch Ness for example). The difficulty with February is the unpredictable weather and the predictably short hours of daylight. The landscapes are the same of course. Abs :)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

There are plenty of companies offering year round Highland trips - unfortunately virtually all of them only do trips from Edinburgh. There are some that do trips from both Glasgow and Edinburgh but I don't know if Glasgow departures are operated in February

4. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2013, 22:35
Glasgow
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

Just saw your post so sorry for this late response.

In answer to your post the only public tours operating from Inverness are the boat/coach tours to Loch Ness. The regular bus tours will commence shortly before Easter, 2013. You could hit a car and driver for a tour, but expect to pay around £400-500 for the hire depending on where you want to go.

www.highlandtours.com has more information.

Happy travelling

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

www.scenic-routes.co.uk do tours and do not cost the amounts that are quoted above I would check them out

Glasgow
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

I've used Inverness Tours before and they gave great service. They quote £400 per day on their website. The driver/guides are excellent. Ours was an author of historic books and his knowledge was amazing. Highly recommended.

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

£400 pounds seems like a lot of money for a tour!!

I would think about shopping around......................

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

I am just re-reading these posts - I love it when people who do not live anywhere near Inverness tell travellers that they have to get tours from Edinburgh or Glasgow to the Highlands what a load of rubbish!!! There are plenty tours running all year from Inverness and no you dont have to wait until easter until they start!

I wish people would stop posting duff information about lots of things in the highlands. A few I have read recently

You cant hire cars one way to Inverness - complete rubbish.........

You pay a fortune to hire a taxi from Inverness airport - more rubbish ........due to Highland council tariff you pay the same as anywhere else in the Highlands.

Oh and we have trains that run from Inverness to Edinburgh and Glasgow, Aberdeen, Kyle of Lochalsh and yes even LONDON, Newcastle and York!!!!

California
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Highland-Tours from Inverness in February

I am not from Inverness but have taken tours from there 4 different years. I use Jim Johnstone's company. They are excellent! You can read my recommendation on their web site and click on my picture for this year's trip report.

www.jajcd.com/inverness_private_tours.html