We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car drop in Inverness

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car drop in Inverness

We are planning to pick up a car in Edinburgh and eventually drop it off in Inverness to catch the Caledonian Sleeper down to London. It looks like most of the agencies have drops at the Thistle Hotel or the Airport. Which is the better choice when going directly to the train station?

Thanks.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car drop in Inverness

Thistle Hotel then a taxi or bus into town.

Boulder
Level Contributor
169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car drop in Inverness

Can't say which is better but I have had good luck picking up and then dropping off at the airport followed by a cab to the train station. Painless especially since I didn't want to drive into town.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car drop in Inverness

Budget car hire have a service at the Railway station (Railway Terr), but it shuts at 17.30 I think, so may not suit you if you want to drop it off right before catching the sleeper.

Abs :)

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car drop in Inverness

Thistle hotel

do budget rent from Edinburgh?

The thistle is much closer than the airport and a short hop in a taxi

5. Re: Car drop in Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Inverness