We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free overnight parking in Inverness

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
free overnight parking in Inverness

Hi We are staying at the Premier Inn in the centre on a Monday night - It says there is limited free overnight parking provided by the hotel. Where relatively close by (walkable) can I park for free overnight?

Tnx

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

Which? There are 3 in the area http://goo.gl/maps/hkZhC

Let's assume the centre of town one, seems the one you're most likely to choose ... premierinn.com/en/hotel/INVRIV/inverness-cen…

Google maps shows a large Tesco car park behind the hotel, and other streets beyond with parked cars. Not having been in back streets in this part of town, I can't be sure whether metering or residents parking will apply; if so probably 9 am - 5 pm, so it depends when you intend to drop the car off or leave in the morning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

Your hotel is facing the river with metered spaces along the riverside but behind the hotel are streets such as Fairfield Road and others nearby that will have free street parking. Probably about a 5 to 10 minute walk. The streets closest to the river probably all have parking restrictions of some kind.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

Thanks Derek; sorry it is indeed the central one.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

thanks hardygeranium - will give these a go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

And staff at hotel reception must surely hear this question every day and will advise you further.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

I would definitely phone the hotel and ask. I am originally from Inverness but haven't been there for the best part of a year. The Tesco would be extremely close to your hotel and did used to offer free parking. However a lot of such supermarket have started installing automatic parking cameras, meaning if you park longer then 2 or 3 hours you will get a ticket through the post.

I used to stay on King St which is just behind your hotel and we had free on street parking there as well as a residents car park which was not monitored or fitted with a barrier etc. So you should have plenty of options. Worth checking with the hotel though, as mentioned they will have been asked this question hundreds of times and probably have an almost scripted response!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

Turn right out of the CP at the rear of the Premier Inn (one way so the only way you can go), then take the 2nd left (Greig St). Go straight across the next crossroads onto Fairfield Rd, then 3rd left onto Dochfour Drive which is a wide straight street with no parking charges or restrictions. The walk back to the hotel will take less than ten minutes.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

Thanks for all your responses.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

Free parking overnight, finishing with a couple of morning hours in Tesco might give you enough flexibility ;-)

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: free overnight parking in Inverness

You will probably get a space in front of the hotel - I would not recommend parking in Fairfield Rd or Dochfour Drive or any residential area as there are plenty other places to park! The hotel will let you know where's best. In any case even if you did have to pay overnight it would be minimal cost. Hope this helps

Get answers to your questions about Inverness