We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day free in Inverness

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
A day free in Inverness

I'm meeting a friend on Sunday night in Inverness. I'll be arriving around 9am, and not meeting her until 7pm ish. I'm looking for something to do. I had planned to do some shopping and go to the cinema, but thats an awful lot of time to pass and there's not even anything on at the cinema I fancy until later.

So, as the weather's looking to be OK, I thought I'd look at the Jacobite Cruises, seems they don't cruise on a Sunday! Typical. So, I'm looking for something to do, maybe something where I could get some nice photos (I'm a practising photographer). Happy to do some walking or travelling by train or bus outside Inverness, as long as I can be back by 7.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day free in Inverness

Take a train to Aviemore and go for a walk in the woods/mountains?

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day free in Inverness

Yes Aviemore is a good bet about 25 mins by train and there is a bus stop outside the railway station which will take you up the mountain.

http://visitcairngorms.com/

On the way there are a load of places to stop off and take photos. If its a nice day you could get off at Rothiemurchus Visitor Centre and rent a bike - loads of trails which are easy for cycling and will make the most of your time.

http://www.rothiemurchus.net/

IF the weather is bad and IF its open I recommend a visit to Leakeys Secondhand Bookshop in Inverness - its bliss!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186543-…

I didn't have time to look round the old churchyard next to it but it looked to me like it might be a good place for photographs

Woody x

Edited: 23 July 2013, 20:02
Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day free in Inverness

if you go onto their website you can book for sunday - the actual day on the calendar is a bit lighter but if you click it it will take you onto the booking for cruises this sunday - hope this helps!

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day free in Inverness

jacobite.co.uk/Cruises-And-Tours/…

5. Re: A day free in Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Inverness