We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Trip to Scotland, need tips and suggestions!

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
Quick Trip to Scotland, need tips and suggestions!

I will be arriving in Edinburgh around 6pm on a Friday night. And I need to take the sleeper train from somewhere in Scotland Monday night to arrive in London by 8am Tuesday morning. Please help me plan my itinerary!

I was hoping to walk the Royal Mile in Edinburgh and grab dinner Friday night. Are places open late? Then do the Castle first thing Saturday morning. After that I need help.

I'm open to traveling by car, tour or train. I think train might be the best considering we've never driven on the right side. Is it easy to catch a taxi from the train station once you arrive at your destination?

Saturday afternoon I was planning on going thru Stirling (stopping at castle?) then making my way to Oban or Mull.

I really want to spend time in Skye. Thoughts on where to explore?

I am not interested in doing Loch Ness or St. Andrews this trip. But I want to stick to the Highlands, castles, rolling green hills, and the coastline. I've read mixed reviews on Ft. Williams...

I'm looking to stay at comfy B&B's-mid price range along the way.

Your suggestions for Sat/Sun/Mon would be greatly appreciated so I can see as much of Scotland as possible, and scope out places that I know I'll want to return to when time permits.

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Quick Trip to Scotland, need tips and suggestions!

You might contact http://visitscotlandtours.com/. They will work up an itinerary for you and book B&B's, tours, etc.

Otherwise, I would recommend the one day tour to Oban. Very pretty seaside city where a tour will stop for lunch...good fish n chips but watch out for the seagulls that swoop in and steal your food.

I believe to get to Skye you have to leave from Inverness which is a 3 hour train ride from Edinburgh. You might look into an overnight tour instead.

Enjoy your trip! We just returned and it was glorious. If you can, try to get a ticket to the Tatoo...fabulous.

12. Re: Quick Trip to Scotland, need tips and suggestions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Inverness
Recent Conversations