We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Inverness

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Inverness

I have looked at the TA reviews for hotels/B and B's in Inverness, but wonder still about locations. I can get a very decent rate at the Travelodge Inverness, which seems not to be very central (I have stayed in a number of TL hotels, so know what they are about): is it within 25-20 minute walking distance of things central, however? Would it be a reasonably pleasant walk?

We have a night in Inverness (after touring Skye and Lewis) before flying out early on the 17th of Sept., so other reasonably priced hotel/ B and B recommendations would be welcome (we need clean but do not need fancy). Thanks

WOW Scotland Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Distillery Tours
Happy Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Distillery Tours
The Hebridean Explorer
Cultural Tours, Distillery Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Excursiones desde Inverness
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Austin
Level Contributor
910 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels in Inverness

For an early flight out of Inverness (i.e. BA's painful 7 AM to Gatwick) I recommend the Westbourne Guesthouse. They will stock your room's refrigerator with breakfast goodies the night before.

www.westbourne.org.uk

I think they have a limited number of parking spaces, but you need to ask Richard, the proprietor. (We have parked there but I don't remember the details.) Best of all, they are:

1. Inexpensive

2. Centrally located on the west bank of the River Ness

3. Helpful

4. Clean

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels in Inverness

Thanks SFOC...bookmarked it for later! =)

13. Re: Hotels in Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 10:33