We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
100 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

Hi to you all,

I am travelling up with my family to Skye in August and need a one night stop over in Fort William to break up the journey.

Can anyone please recommend a good hotel - ideally with beautifully scenary and excellent food?

Thx for your time with this.

With best wishes,

Stu.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,023 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

Hi,

There's a panel on the left... if you click on "Fort William Hotels" , it will give you a list , with reviews by TA members, of the best places to stay in the area.

Fort William has a lot of beds, but the views are not that great (compared to surrounds) and the town is nothing special, although its a good refuelling spot.

I would recommend staying slightly out of town and getting a view of the sunset (eg Ballachulish) or of Ben Nevis, (eg, the Moorings at Corran next to Neptunes Staircase),

Peter

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

Agree with the Ballahullish and the Moorings also have a look at Glenspean Lodge Hotel at Roybridge

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

ops Ballachulish even I can honestly spell when I write but when I type oops (I've only stayed there 6 or 7 times )

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

You might like Corriechhoille Lodge. I stayed there last year and it was lovely, very homely. Great food and the views are fantastic.

http://www.corriechoille.com/

Spean Bridge...
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

Hello

Which road are you taking to Fort William - A82 or A86 and how are you getting to Skye - by the Mallaig ferry or over the Bridge from Kyle?

Is it just hotels you are looking for or would guesthouses be suitable?

Fife
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

If you are travelling up the A82 the the Corran Inn is lovely and serves great food.

Its just south of Fort William and is just next to the Corran Ferry, they've got a webcam on their website so you can see the view.

You need to get one of the front rooms for the view!

Dyls

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

Hi

I'd echo the comment about Choirehollie Lodge - it is super - and such good food.

Otherwise I've enjoyed Huntingtower lodge - just outside of town - great breakfasts too.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,890 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

The Lime Tree Hotel and restaurant had a fabulous write up in the Times last weekend. The said it was just what Fort William needed.

http://www.limetreefortwilliam.co.uk/

9. Re: Sorry - another request for accommodation advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 15:16