We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

Has anyone stayed here recently? I am looking for a centrally located place for three nights, will have rental car for two days after arrival. Thanks for any advice.

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

I haven't stayed here but I see they have 4* from VisitScotland and those stars are hard earned so I think you would be OK.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

It looks good, but I have since noticed that is also for sale, so am reluctant to book in case that I suddenly find that my reservation is cancelled. There are actually quite a number for sale in this area. Has anyone ever had that happen to them?

Scotland
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

Strangely enough I am in the process of selling my B&B, although it is not in Fort William. I expect to hear that lots of B&B's/Guest Houses will be for sale these days thanks to changes in Capital Gains Tax, Fire Regulations and stamp duty. However, I digress......

If you book with this establishment; the proprietors and you have a contract. They should honour the booking. Once terms and conditions have been agreed and accepted by both parties there is a legally enforceable contract. This applies equally whether the arrangemnt has been made by telephone, fax, e-mail, in person or by snail mail. The proprietors may only change the terms of the booking providing you agree.

If they cancel and you do not agree, they are in breach of contract and there would be grounds for litigation. They should really find you an alternative place to stay within the same price range. So they could not reasonably expect you to accept an alternative place to stay which is well in excess of the rates quoted to you.

Under the Scottish system of selling proerties, a date of entry can be set by those who are selling. It may be that these people have done just that. Their website is up and running and they would appear to be taking bookings for this season. The fair thing for them to do, would be to set a date of entry in say October when the season is winding down. Then they can honour all the bookings for the 2008 season. If they are selling the B&B as a going concern, whoever buys the property should then honour all reservations made before they take possession.

I guess the simplest thing to do, would be to contact Ardblair B&B and have the situation clarified by the current owners. Then you can decide if you wish to book, or not.

4. Re: Ardblair Bed and Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 09:17