We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Willaim to Milngavie

Which Fort William hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London,Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Willaim to Milngavie

hello

I am planning to do the West Highland Way in August. I am planning to leave the car in Milngavie and walk to fort william. however, i cannot find any transportation from F William back to Milngavie. Anyone knows if there is a buss or train, etc or maybe is best to rent a car?

thank you all

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Willaim to Milngavie

Train from Fort William to Glasgow and then train to Milngavie from Glasgow

Details on the Scotrail website

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Willaim to Milngavie

Hi

We did the same trip many years ago and left our car in Fort William and took the train to Glasgow Queen Street Station - now comes the part I cant remember - I think we took a local train to Milgavie and then spent the night at a local hotel to start the walk the following day.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,723 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Willaim to Milngavie

There are also Citylink coaches between Glasgow and Fort William. These have the advantage of goingthrough Glencoe, but both train and bus are very scenic.

Have you looked at the West Highland Way website?. Transport links are usually given on there.

London,Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Willaim to Milngavie

thank you guys . much appreciated. cheers

5. Re: Fort Willaim to Milngavie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 05:16