We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Catering ideas?

Which Fort William hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Self Catering ideas?

Hi,

I have posted this in the Glen Coe forum too.

My husband and I are doing a road trip in Scotland in October. We will be coming from Inverness on 17th Oct and want to stay 3 nights in the area of Fort William but ideally would like somewhere self catering like a cottage. My absolute wish would be to be somewhere where there were leisure facilities available too but this may not be possible.

We are going to be doing the Jacobite train one day, Ben Nevis gondola and Oban another day and just exploring the surrounding area.

Does anyone have any ideas for a 3 nights stay mid week in October. Mu budget is maximum £100 per night for the 2 of us.

Thanks in advance.

Jill

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Catering ideas?

Hoseasons have some log cabins etc in and around the Great Glen area( not too far from Fort William) they may be best for short breaks rather than privately owned cottages who may be reluctant to let for less than a week even in October. I have stayed at the Great Glen Water Park and also at the Clan McDuff Hotel in Fort William and would recommend either.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Catering ideas?

That week (14-18 Oct) is the Scottish half term week so you may find it difficult to get anything other than a full 7 day rental for cottages.

Essex
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Catering ideas?

Thanks I will check out Hoeseasons. I have found a couple of places so will sort it out soon given the half term!!

4. Re: Self Catering ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:18