We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

Hi,

I am coming to Fort William on 19th May and really struggling to choose a b&b or hotel. I firstly would have liked the Highland Hotel but is unavailable but probably too expensive for me anyway. I then tried Huntingtower Lodge and Myrtle Bank Guest House but also unavailable or limited due to only staying 1 night (Huntingtower Lodge has 2 night min). Myrtle Bank Guest house only had twin room without view and I am travelling with my fiance so would like something nice.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something nice, authentic and memorable thats around the range of 70 pounds for the night?

I am currently looking at Crolinnhe which looks suberb but worried its a little expensive but also running out of options and want the best experience in the short time we have there.

Look forward to getting some suggestions.

Cheers,

Will

1. Re: Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 18:05
2. Re: Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2017, 13:00
Edited: 26 March 2017, 13:00
Spean Bridge
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

Hello

Many of the B&Bs in Fort William have a minimum stay of two nights because there is less work for them and its more cost effective. B&Bs in villages outlying the town of Fort William are usually more flexible - have a look at Google maps etc for ideas

If you definitely need to stay in Fort William try emailing or calling Rustic View B&B who might be able to do a single night. Jackie is a warm genuine, local person and there are good views from there. It might fit with your budget as well.

Have a great holiday

Peter

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

Fort William itself isn't an especially attractive little town. Don't feel there's any reason you have to stay there.. maybe there's somewhere outside the town with spectacular views?

I've no idea what you mean by an 'authentic' B&B .. you could ask if they have wild haggis playing free in the gardens. ;-)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

if all else fails theres always the trusty reliable and clean premier inn to fall back on. ive never had any problems booking a single night stay and its an ideal touring base.

6. Re: Need some advice for booking accomodation in Fort William

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:15