We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freedom of Scotland Travelpass - Steam train?

Austin, Texas
7 posts
Save Topic
Freedom of Scotland Travelpass - Steam train?

I'm planning to take the West Highland Line from Glasgow to Fort William (and am planning other train trips later in my travels), but was curious is the Freedom of Scotland Travelpass could be used on the steam train to Mallaig, or if that is considered a special ticket. I'm weighing pros/cons of buying to travelpass altogether, so I'm trying to figure out if most of my planned train travels could be covered by it.

Thanks for any insight you have to offer!

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Freedom of Scotland Travelpass - Steam train?

The Travelpass does not cover the steam train. But it does cover the regular scheduled train running on the very same tracks.

Austin, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Freedom of Scotland Travelpass - Steam train?

Excellent! Thank you so much for your help :)

3. Re: Freedom of Scotland Travelpass - Steam train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort William