We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places to eat round Loch Ness

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good places to eat round Loch Ness

We are a group of 4 adults hiring a boat from Inverness and boating around Loch ness for a week. Can anyone tell me any good places we can eat? As we won't have a car and will be sleeping on the boat they need to be within walking distance of moorings on the loch.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,458 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places to eat round Loch Ness

There's not that many places to moor up and dine but if you look up Drumnadrochit (west side), Foyers (east side) and Fort Augustus (southern end) you'll find a few decent eateries.

Loch Ness
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places to eat round Loch Ness

Hi There

Info on places to eat around Loch Ness can be found at www.visitlochness.com

The boat company (I assume that you are using Caley Cruisers?) should be able to give you good info / recommendations.

Mooring at Drumnadrochit, it is a bit of a walk (about a mile) to the village from Temple Pier but all the better to work up an appetite and then walk off any food / drink excesses! Some of the restaurants / hotels will offer a pick up / drop off service if you pre-book...or there are a couple of local taxi services.

At Ft Augustus I think that the mooring is V close to the town centre so you should be fine with a choice restaurants, cafes & hotels to choose from.

If anyone else has any suggestions about access to eateries from the moorings on the South Side of Loch Ness Id be glad to hear them as well!

Have a wonderful trip!

3. Re: Good places to eat round Loch Ness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:28
Get answers to your questions about Loch Ness