We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

England
Level Contributor
91 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

We are looking at going to Scotland next August and think Loch Ness would be a good area to stay. We are looking for a modern lodge, with hopefully a sauna or a hot tub.

Any help appreciated.Thanks

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

Hi

How many of you would it need to sleep?

How near loch ness - I can think of other highland options but not v. near loch ness.... (though not a huge fan of loch ness myself personally - it is a very long loch and not the most scenic - maybe I am just put off because Nessie has never appeared for me :))

England
Level Contributor
91 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

Thanks for getting back to me. We are a family of four, but possibly other family members may want to join us, so to be on the safe side I would say to sleep 6. I have only just started looking at going to Scotland and Loch Ness just seemed to be in around the area that would be best for us. Must admit, I would love to have a decent view and ideally a view some water.

Want it to be quiet, but also, with things to do not too far away as my 16 and 10 year old will get bored otherwise.

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

Hi there,

What is your budget? There is a great 5 star hotel on its own island - Isle of Eriska - near Oban with cottages available with private garden and hot tub. At the moment they are only suitable for a family of 5 but they have plans for self-catering cottages which will be ready for next year.

London
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

Many years since I stayed there, but the Loch Oich lodges in the Great Glen Water park sound like your thing. Have a look on the Hoseasons web site for details.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
22,066 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

In a fabulous location on my favourite side of the loch (well I am biased as we were married in a hotel within the grounds of where the lodges now are)

http://www.lodgesonlochness.com/index.htm

6. Re: Log cabins / lodge - with hot tub / sauna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:50