We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loch Ness from Glasgow

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Loch Ness from Glasgow

We are considering taking a cruise that would dock in Glasgow for 12 hours. Is it possible to take a tour to Loch Ness in that amount of time?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loch Ness from Glasgow

It's too far and there are more scenic lochs much closer anyway.

Your cruise company will probably offer a tour including Loch Lomond for example.

The cruises actually dock at Greenock which is about 20 miles downriver from Glasgow.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loch Ness from Glasgow

No time to do Loch Ness, not much point doing a 6 hour round trip to see a monster.

Loch Lomond is far prettier and only around 30 minutes from Greenock.

Doesn't have a monster though ;-)

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loch Ness from Glasgow

"Doesn't have a monster though ;-)"

Something it has in common with Loch Ness then.

As has been said a trip to Loch Ness is impractical.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loch Ness from Glasgow

No offence to Loch Ness but the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs area is much more beautiful as well as being more convenient for you. As someone from Loch Lomond I must admit that I always get annoyed when people by pass one of the most beautiful places in the world to visit what is one of Scotland's less picturesque lochs on the strength of the monster myth.

(My 2p!) ;o)

5. Re: Loch Ness from Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:15