We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Runrig Lochness - August 2007

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Runrig Lochness - August 2007

Help I need somewhere to stay near where Runrig concert is in August 2007.

Good Hotel near the Loch, nice scenery and walks.

Leanne

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

Whoah!!! If possible, could you post the details, time and place of this concert?? I LOVE Runrig, and August 2007 gives me plenty of time to plan a possibility.....

A dear friend in Kirkcaldy saw them at Loch Lomand and said it was electrifying. Depending on where the concert is, one of my all time favourite B&Bs is literally 10 mins walk from the Loch Ness, near castle Urquart.

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

OMG!!! I just looked up the date, 18 August 2007 at Borlum. I can't believe it, I stay just down the road from there. Not even 5 minutes walk! That does it, I'm contacting Alistair and Vanessa at the B&B. I just needed an excuse to go back to Scotland. Was gonna skip next year and buy a new car, but oh dear, I don't know, this is just tooooo tempting.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

Borlum Farm, Drumnadrochit on the shores of Loch Ness. Please help me!!!!

I also think there is some music type festival.

Drumnadrochit...
Level Contributor
96 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

Check out the Belladrum festival (also known as the Tartan Heart Festival) it usually runs on the weekend before the schools go back for the summer. We've been on the last 2 and its easily one of the best festivals I've ever been too. The atmosphere is great and there's always a good mix of musical genres...

http://www.tartanheartfestival.co.uk/

Its billed as a family festival and my five year old will testify to that having rocked out to The Automatic, Biffy Clyro and Seth Lakeman this year.

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

http://www.benleva.co.uk/

http://www.loch-ness-scotland.com/

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/areafaug/guest.ht…

I have never stayed at the hotels in Drum, but I did find my favourite B&B from this list. The nice thing about Drumnadrochit is that everything is in walking distance of everything. The loch is 10 minute walk away and there are nice roads all over for walking. Borlum Farm is just outside Lewiston on the way to Urquart castle. My son and I walked through several times, watching them school the horses etc. I am so seriously thinking of coming back to Scotland for this. The other festival mentioned sounds awesome as well. Where does that one take place? And there are a few hills that I want to climb.

Drumnadrochit...
Level Contributor
96 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

Kansasbeck, the Tartan Heart festival is near Beauly about 5 miles outside of Inverness.

All the details should be on the link I gave above.

If you're in the Drum/Inverness area you're spoilt for choice for hills. An easy one to start with would be Beinn Wyvis. Its about a 4-5 hour walk, nothing too technical and finishes up on a nice whaleback ridge with cracking views over towards An Teallach, The Cairngorms and Ben Nevis.

Other nice days out could include a walk up Cairngorm and across the top of the Northern Corrie and over towards Ben Macdui (Scotlands second highest mountain) if you're feeling fit.

When you're over pop in to one of the local book shops and see if you can get hold of one of the

pocket guidebooks, they're only about £2.50 and usually contain at least 10 good walks in each particular region.

7. Re: Runrig Lochness - August 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 11:20