We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenock cruise terminal car rental

cmitch9999
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Greenock cruise terminal car rental

Hi

Our ship the Carnival Legend will be in Greenock on Saturday Sept 28th. we are looking to rent a car at the port for the day, so far the only rental places Imhave found close at noon or 1 pm on Saturday. (Avis and Enterprise) we would like to have the car from around 9 am til 6 PM or so, anyone there know another option besides going to Glasgow for a rental car??

thank you!!

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

I can't think of any local car rental places. The only car rental place I know of locally does vans rather than cars. Paisley (in between Greenock and Glasgow) has a couple of hire places which may be easier to get to depending where you are driving too.

Greenock, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

there is a AVIS car rental based in the Tontine hotel Greenock which is not far from the Greenock Ocean terminal, only a matter of hundred yards or so, so it may help you if you wish to contact them?

please note this must be booked in advance, you cannot book on the day, so please phone number for more information

Greenock

The Tontine Hotel,

6 Ardgowan Square,

Greenock,

PA16 8NG,

United Kingdom,

Services

Avis Preferred

Breakdown assistance

Extras available

Child seats

Satellite navigation

Greenock, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

link to map and information here

avis.co.uk/CarHire/…Greenock

White Springs
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

I am on the same cruise and asking the same question. Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

I am on a cruise docking at Greenock in August and have had major problems in hiring a car from the cruise terminal. After spending many hours on the net/phone I have eventually found a company providing services to passengers arriving in Greenock. If you still need to hire a car I recommend you contact Michael McDermott, Manager of Green Motion, Glasgow on 0141 8895092, glasgow@greenmotion.co.uk

Greenock, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

I think Avis do car rental when ships are in Greenock try phoning Glasgow Airport site I am sure they will let you know. I don't know their number but it will be on their website.

Naples, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

We are also taking this cruise and would prefer to rent a car at this port and sightsee on our own. Did you have any luck getting a car?

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

Thanks for this info about the Avis office in the Tontine hotel Greenock. I did a search on google for a 1 day car hire from Greenock and it kept coming up with no availability. However if you ask for a 3 day car hire (which believe it or not can be cheaper than a one day hire) you are likely to get fixed up.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

There is a local news website called InverclydeNow and a similar post was made recently. You might find this interesting:

inverclydenow.com/interact/reader-talkback/9…

Young Harris, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greenock cruise terminal car rental

From cruise port how can one get to central Glasgow? How long does it take? How much is the fee round trip per person?

Thanks.

B