We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

York
2 posts
Save Topic
Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

It is reported in the Yorkshire Dalesman that the artist holidayed on Arran in the 1970's and whilst there painted a number of local scenes.Aparantly these were to be found throughout the island,presumably bought by local people.Sadly,Sam passed away some years ago but there is still a lot of interest in his life and works here in Yorkshire.Iwould be interested to hear from anyone who met the man or has any of his works

1. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2007, 05:19
York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

We too holidayed on the Isle of Arran many times in the 70's. Once , when we were staying at the Kincardine Lodge Hotel in Lochranza, there were a lot of Sam Chadwick paintings displayed on the walls.

These were for sale and we bought one of Torbeg on Arran - I think we paid £24 for it. Later on we bought 2 or 3 others of Yorkshire scenes including a very good one of Malham Cove. We picked these up quite cheap at a local auction.

From David Clay

Huddersfield
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

Sam chadwick lived on the same road as us in Leeds, he and his wife were family friends incidently his wife Edna was very much into Lapidary. I have a couple of signed prints by sam, Mum and dad have quite a few of his paintings hanging on the wall at home in leeds

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

Hello,Been searching for information,on the painting done by Sam Chadwick.As a painting as been passed down to me from a family member.It is a print 81 of 260 and is titled "The Viaduct,Knareborough,and sighed by himself.Would you be able to throw any light on his works,thank you for your time,regards Christine.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

Dear Sir,

I was browsing the net and coincidentally came across your article. I am Sam Chadwick's great nephew. He was my father, Sam chadwick's uncle. I met him only briefly but my father, of course knew him well. You can contact me at my email: sjchadwick2003@yahoo.co.uk

Great Uncle Sam also painted many water colours of the dales and had a photography business that I believe is run by his son Alan.

Best regards, Stephen Chadwick

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

We have a number of framed prints by Sam Chadwick and are keen to sell them as we are moving to a new home.

Please contact me at raywen1@talktalk.net

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

Has ebay folded? :-)

glasgow
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

hello i have sam chadwick painting in oil of arran i was planning to list on ebay,if interested please get back to me. thanks dave.

glasgow
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

hello i have a sam chadwick painting landscape in oil of arran i was planning on listing it on ebay,if your interested,i will send details.thanks yerousa

auckland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sam Chadwick-Yorkshire Artist

I met Sam in the Lake District about 1985. We stayed in the same b and b. He was selling his numbered prints around the area. So I bought two from him as follows:

1. Horton in Ribblesdale 42 of 350

2. Last Snow on Ingleborough 74 of 338

I live in New Zealand and still have the pictures.

Are they worth anything ??

Sam Stoddart

Get answers to your questions about Isle of Arran