We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

Maryland
9 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

Evidently there are several places to stay in the village of Roslin, but I cannot locate even a photo of Norwood B & B let alone rates and other info. Also, I've seen photos of Roslin Glen Hotel, but, again, no rate info. I do have an inquiry at the Steading, but, so far, have heard nothing back. This location is great as a place to rest after a long flight into Glasgow Airport. Any suggestions?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

The contact addresses for the two hotels are:

Roslin Glen Hotel

2 Penicuik Road, Roslin

Tel:+00 44 (0) 131 440 2029

The Roslin Glen Hotel does not appear to have its own website but comes up on;

hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Roslin_Glen…

The Original Roslin Inn

4 Main Street, Roslin

Tel:+00 44 (0) 131 440 2384

The Original Roslin Inn does have its own website plus email, price is under 'Rooms', check out;

http://www.theoriginalhotel.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

From Glasgow Airport I would presume you will be hiring a car to get to Roslin, otherwise you will have a long journey swapping between buses, trains and buses again to get there, hardly what you need after a long haul flight.

www.theaa.com for driving directions (estimate 1 1/2 hours max)

www.travelinescotland.com (Public transport) estimate 2 hrs 15mins- 2hrs 45 mins depending on time/ day.

Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

Yes, we will have a car, but the big problem is finding information on places to stay right in the town of Roslin. Cannot find Norwood at all and no word so far from the Steading. If there are other guesthouses or b & bs in town, I can't find them.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

Roslin is a really small place so there may not be much accommodation available. This local business park lists the available options but only by phone number. www.roslin.ac.uk/contact/accommodation.php

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
725 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

Penicuik is nearby and would provide you with possible accommodation choices. Consider staying there.

6. Re: where to stay in or near Roslin, Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 12:22
Get answers to your questions about Midlothian
More Midlothian Topics