We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

I have just booked a weekend for my husband and myself in a posh (I hope) hotel near here. Given that the difference in price over 2 nights between B&B and DB&B is £100 I have decided that we will just sample a couple of eateries in the area. Places in or very near to Aberfeldy would probably suit the best. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Mentioned in this post
Aberfeldy
Aberfeldy
Perth and Kinross, UK
The North Port Restaurant
££ - £££, European, British, Scottish
The Roost Restaurant
££££, British, Scottish, European
Chatni Fine Indian Dining
££ - £££, Indian, Asian, Balti
Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

Hi fundriver

I'm struggling a bit here, most of the good eating places are outwith the town, Kenmore, Fortingall, etc. There is a good Indian restuarant beside the garage, but coming from Edinburgh you probably have even better ones. There is also a Greek place beside the tourist board offices in the square that I have heard good reports about. Ailean Craggan Hotel (The Crags) is always good for a bar meal, very large portions, its out the town a bit over Wades Bridge on the Kinloch Rannoch road but an easy walk on a nice night. Weem Hotel is out that way to, dont know much about it as it has new owners. Which hotel are you staying in, I might be able to find somewhere else?

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

Hi Taylass

We are staying at the Fortingall Hotel? Do you reckon we should just do D,B&B deal there? I sent you a personal message too in case you miss this.

Thanks FD

Mentioned in this post
Fortingall Hotel
Fortingall Hotel
276 Reviews
Fortingall, UK
Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

FD

I have reply via the personal message but thought i would post a reply on the Forum as well for future ref.

Excellent choice of hotel, the Fortingall was tastefully renovated a couple of years ago and the restuarant has a very good reputation locally, have had lunch there a couple of times but not managed a dinner yet, the lunchs were excellent. Fortingall is about 8 miles outside Aberfeldy so unless you really want to drive in the evening I would stick to the Fortingall, I dont think you will get better anywhere else in the area without a bit of a journey. The hotel is in a lovely setting next to the church and the Ancient Yew Tree, some of the cottages have thatched roofs and their gardens are in full bloom at this time of year, very choc box. Places to visit in the area The Crannog at Kenmore, Aberfledy Distillery, Menzies Castle, walk up to the Black Rock view point on Drummond Hill and many, many more. Places to have lunch or coffee, House of Menzies, Aberfeldy Distillery, The Courtyard Kenmore, Ardeonaig Hotel or buy locally made fresh pies, pasties, breads and cakes from Kenmore Post Office and take a picnic up to the afore mentioned Black Rock view point. Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Aberfeldy
Aberfeldy
Perth and Kinross, UK
Ardeonaig Hotel
Ardeonaig Hotel
464 Reviews
Ardeonaig, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

Thanks very much TL. May print this off to take with me!

5. Re: Aberfeldy pubs/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Perth