We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out in Pitlochry

Which Pitlochry hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen
Level Contributor
366 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
eating out in Pitlochry

Hoping to get some pointers on nice eateries in Pitlochry as heading there in October for a visit with my mum.

can anyone recommend a nice coffee stop in Pitlochry or near to Pitlochry(coming from Aberdeen)

Also any good venues for an evening meal - nothing top end required here but do like a good quality reasonably priced meal(up to £15 per main course ish)

Any advice gratefully received.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
366 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

Just been looking further and see posts done last year to give me a couple of names of restaurants but anything up to date would be much appreciated

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

The Theatre in Pitlochry has a good restraunt.

Coffee shops- Victoria's do fab hot chocolate.

House of Brur is very good too.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

I was in Scotlands Hotel in Pitlochry a couple of times last year,food very good.

main course of haunch of Venison with lots of trimmings was about £15 though they had many meals cheaper than that.

The Moulin Inn just outside Pitlochry does good food at pretty reasonable prices.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

I was in Scotlands Hotel in Pitlochry a couple of times last year,food very good.

main course of haunch of Venison with lots of trimmings was about £15 though they had many meals cheaper than that.

The Moulin Inn just outside Pitlochry does good food at pretty reasonable prices.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

see it was that good i had to mention it twice.

soory about the double post,a glich in either my or TA's system

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

I second the House of Bruar. We usually stop for coffee there. The baking is very good.

Also agree with Unclegus about the Moulin Inn. The food's great and the log fire should be in use by October.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

Fern Cottage really good for your evening meal - good value and owner is chef - really nice! In your price bracket too.

For Coffee - there is a new wee place called MacKenzie's on the high st near MacNaughton's - really small so lucky to get a table!

Dont agree about Bruar though, cakes are fine but none are home made and coffee is from a vending type machine, not a proper steamer coffee machine.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

I stayed in McKenzies guest house (Above the resturant area) And I can honestly say it served some of the best breakfasts I have had anywhere,if their breakfasts were anything to go by then the rest of their food must be superb.

Scotland
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

Places that we would recommend are:

The Port-Na-Craig Inn which is on the banks of the River Tummel and near to the Pitlochry Festival Theatre. Tel 01796 472777.

Recently under new management and getting a very good reputation is the Auld Smiddy Inn. This restaurant is in an attractive old white painted house that sits on the main street through Pitlochry. As you drive through the centre of Pitlochry, you pass a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights and then the Auld Smiddy is a short distance further along the street on your right. Quite stylish and modern inside with an outdoor seating area for the better summer nights. Tel: 01796 472356

For good beer and a less expensive bar meal, you may wish to try the Moulin Inn which is situated on the A924 about a mile east of Pitlochry on the road to Braemar. The bar of the Moulin Inn is often busy so dine early to be sure of a good seat.

In Blair Atholl, to the north of Pitlochry, there is the stylish Loft Bistro. The restaurant is situated on a side street beside the Bridge of Tilt Hotel. Tel 01796 481377

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eating out in Pitlochry

The Old Armoury restaurant - we had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and it was very good, not exorbitant prices. I'd imagine it would be a good choice for dinner.

Get answers to your questions about Pitlochry