We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Hi there,

We are finally getting somewhere our itinerary, and I cannot get into a website for the Edradour Distillery!

Do not tell me they are not doing tours anymore? Or is this simply a lovely interweb breakdown?

Anyone know anything?

Thanks, CF

Mentioned in this post
Edradour Distillery
Edradour Distillery
1,847 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,521 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Looks like the web site is down. Try again later

Pitlochry, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Yes they are still doing tours. I understand they are getting their web site revamped so this should all be on the new web site.

To contact them direct Tel: 01796 472095 for details.

Opening for 2013 Jan/Feb 10 to 4pm Mon to Sat (Closed Sunday).

March/April 10 to 4pm Mon to Sat (12 to 4pm Sunday)

May to Oct 10am to 5pm Mon to Sat and 12 to 5pm on Sunday

Noveand Dec 10 to 4pm Mon to Sat (Closed Sunday).

Closed 25th and 26th December and 1st and 2nd January.

Last tour one hour before closing. For more info on the area go to www.HighlandPerthshire.com

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

"Jemess" thanks for that link to HighlandPerthshire, I hadn't come across that website yet! It's got some great information.

Does anyone know what times the Edradour tours are? The website is still down and there are some things we need to finalize based on the tour there...or else we just do Blair Atholl tour?

Thanks, CF

Mentioned in this post
Blair Atholl
Blair Atholl
Perth and Kinross, UK
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

When I went the tours just seemed to go when they had enough people to take them. Just pitch up when you're ready and I doubt you'll have too much of a wait. Obviously if you are on a tight schedule it might be worth ringing ahead to see if you can book a specific time. Coach tours arriving might delay things a little.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Well, beating a dead horse here, but I am finding different closing times listed on the internet.

Anyone know what time the distillery closes? I have seen 4, 5 and 6 pm now.

We are coming into Pitlochry only at 2 pm, so we can for sure do one tour, but the man I'm with would like to skooch in both (Edradour and Blair Athol) if possible. This would only be possible if Edradour is truly open til 6.

I have tried calling, soooo many times. No one ever answers the phone! and I only have limited time to call, as we are calling from Westcoast Canada.

Thanks one more time folks!

Christel

West Coast NZ
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Lots of info if you google Edradour.

Their email address is listed as edradour@btconnect.com

Good lock

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

Try sending an email to the local tourist office...they are sure to know what is going on - pitlochry@visitscotland.com

Preston
Level Contributor
8 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

The distillery still do tours - I went on one as recently as last week (w/c 21st May 2013). Hope this helps.

Preston
Level Contributor
8 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

I went as part of a package tour to the Edradour Distillery at the beginning of June this year. They were doing good business. If you are thinking of going and are not fully mobile, be aware that there is a measure of walking uphill before the tour starts and you`ll get very wet if it`s raining.

I haven`t tried to look the distillery up on their website (if indeed they have one), but be aware that some companies prefer to have an entry on facebook rather than their own dedicated website in Google or some other search engine. Perhaps you could try this avenue for information.

Best Wishes,

Gavioli.

Mentioned in this post
Edradour Distillery
Edradour Distillery
1,847 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
10. Re: Argh, what is happening with the Edradour Distillery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Pitlochry