We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Scalloway

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Scalloway

I will be arriving in Lerwick on 4th September by cruise ship. I have looked at the ship's excursions and the one that stops in Scalloway does not visit the museum. Is there a bus I can take from Lerwick or can anyone give me a rough guide as to how much a taxi return would cost?

I will arrive in Lerwick early am and depart late pm, however transfer from the ship is by tender so not sure how that will affect the amount of time I have on the island.

I am interested in visiting the Scalloway Museum as I am interested in the Norwegian solders who were smuggled there. I am also very interested in the Shetland Museum in Lerwick and walking around Lerwick visiting shops and Clickimin Broch ( I have no idea how big Lerwick is!!).

Is this possible in one day and as I am travelling solo, public transfer would be my prefered option to reduce costs.

Thank you

Edited: 31 May 2014, 18:30
Scalloway, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Scalloway

Taxi cost £15 each way.

Bus cost £1.80 each way but does not go to the museum.

Bus No.4 runs between Lerwick and Scalloway.

Check time on this impossible to understand timetable.

zettrans.org.uk/bus/…Scalloway_and_Burra

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Scalloway

alvinlwh, thank you. When you say it does't go to the museum is it a long walk from the bus stop to the museum?

Scalloway, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Scalloway

About 5 - 10 minutes.

Lerwick, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Scalloway

Please be aware that Sheltand bus contracts change in mid August this year. The timetable for the Scalloway bus may be a bit different to what it is now and it may well be operated by a different bus company.

5. Re: Bus to Scalloway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Shetland Islands