We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aaaargh!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
232 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Aaaargh!!!

Hi eventually got round to trying to book Sundrum Castle for the weekend of 10th October for two adults, 2 kids and the family pooch only to find no pet accommodation available. Can anyone suggest a good park with this option. Thanks Lilianne x

Mentioned in this post
October
October
658 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aaaargh!!!

Lilianne, I've found the Heads of Ayr Caravan Park, but I know nothing about it beyond the fact that it has a restaurant that some of the locals have enjoyed in the past.

It does have a dog symbol on the website, but I can't find a star rating anywhere. Perhaps its worth looking into or trying to find out what other people think.

Its near Heads of Ayr Farm Park, which if its open then, is a great place to take the kids, plus its just a few minutes drive to Ayr beach and the free beach playpark and Pirate Petes indoor play place for when the weather is wet and cold - isn't it always these days!

http://www.headsofayr.com/facilities.htm

Mentioned in this post
Ayr
Ayr
South Ayrshire, UK
Pirate Pete's
Pirate Pete's
279 Reviews
Ayr, UK
Scotland
Level Contributor
232 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aaaargh!!!

Great I'll have a look into that. Thanks Lilianne x

South Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
309 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aaaargh!!!

Dont know if you are bringing a caravan with you or renting?

Craigie gardens caravan park, 5 mins from town, looks like a lovely park in craigie gardens near the river Ayr. 01292-264909

caravanclub.co.uk

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aaaargh!!!

I think I also suggested Bennane Shore and Pebbles Spa Holiday Park on the other thread. I don't know about the pooch situation though, and have never been there myself.

http://www.bennaneshore.com/index.php

Scotland
Level Contributor
147 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aaaargh!!!

Hi Lilianne

There are still some pet units available for the weekend of 10th October at Sundrum Castle.

There are Dundonald units left which are lovely caravans and also a Turnberry that will take a pet.

Mentioned in this post
October
October
658 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland
Level Contributor
232 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aaaargh!!!

Hi Megron

Where are you getting this information from? When I check online it comes back saying non-pet accommodation only. Lilianne

Scotland
Level Contributor
147 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aaaargh!!!

I am just having a look for you - and there is a 3 bed Dundonald at £170 + £30 for the dog or a Private 3 bed Turnberry at £183 + £30 for the dog.

Scotland
Level Contributor
147 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aaaargh!!!

Lilianne you won't get the vans online as what happens is that Parkdean give some vans to Hoseasons to sell but if you phone the park direct they can take the vans back from Hoseasons so if you are still looking to book for that weekend just call the park direct on 01292 570057 - the receptionists are fab :-))

9. Re: Aaaargh!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 19:16