We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

As it's just been mentioned on the Prestwick forum I thought I'd check it anyone has visited this new place recently. Ayr Spice is located in the old memorial church on the southbound side of the A77 as you enter Minishant.

There appears to be a 20% printable discount voucher on the link below, but I can't guarantee if it will work, and if so, how long it will be valid, but the 'Locallife Ayr' website is new to me:

www.locallife.co.uk/ayr/moreinfo.asp…

Is it a good place for curry lovers?

Ayr
Level Contributor
379 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

Local life together with many of the Facebook Groups for south Ayrshire are providing a lot of excellent info for Ayr and surrounding area apparently........... guests and vsiitors are finding them very very helpful.

Ayr
Level Contributor
575 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

Have you received a menu through the door for the Ayr Spice? If you have then you need to have a look at it. It is hilarious! Obviously not been proof read! Will still go to try the food though.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

Sadly I'm not ever going to get a copy of this funny leaflet through my door any time soon. I did hear that an Indian restaurant were out in force leafleting around Ayr yesterday, so if it was Ayr Spice I can probably get my hands on one eventually. I don't know of anyone who has been yet and wonder if the menu looks tempting. Do they list a website for the restaurant?

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
77 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

This week we had a group delivering leaflets for Sainsbury's delivery service and I watched a chap popping one through a neighbour's garden fence, presumably for the dog to read.

Then we had another lot delivering the Ayr Spice menus. Ayr Spice, according to the leaflet, are in a place called Minishart (sic). On the menu itself, the "hagis pakora" caught my attention, for the wrong reasons. Sadly, I too will not be sampling.

They have a website at : http://ayrspice.com/

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

If anyone does get around to trying them out I look forward to reading the verdict. Would also like to know how spick and span the ladies loos are, though that might be a challenge for some of you gents. The state of a restaurants loos usually tell me all I need to know about whether or not it's for me. OK, so I have issues ;-)

ps thanks for the link sandlab. prices look keen.

Edited: 11 November 2010, 16:13
scotland
Level Contributor
188 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

Hi, Friends of ours went at the weekend & had a lovely meal by all accounts. Excellent HAGGIS pakora, shish kebab starters, tandoori mains. Hopefully will go myself in the next few weeks.Apparently taken over by the original owners??If i manage to go, i'll pass on the low down on the toilets! Went to the Ivy Room in miller room last week - lovely meal, halibut & duck mains, really nice, no negatives - should have really wrote a review.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
77 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

Which version of the menu is used in the restaurant itself? Is it the on-line one, which has a few mistakes, or is it the advertising leaflet version which has the inexcusable "Minishart" and "hagis" as well as "stair fried tice" and "soicy geen okra". The latter error is, surprisingly, partially correct on the on-line version. It is hard to see how one version of exactly the same menu could be so wrong in the leaflet.

It is poor business practice to charge relatively high prices with such bad advertising. Profit margins for Indian restaurants are generally the highest in the restaurant business. Ayr Spice needs to have exceptional food, an innovative menu, good ambiance and service to survive at those prices in a rural location and I look forward to seeing the reviews - especially those from posters with a long contribution record.

Scotland
Level Contributor
147 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

I haven't had the "pleasure" of having a menu drop through my door as yet but that would put me off straight away if I noticed all those mistakes!!!! There is no no excuse for that at all - geez ohhhhhhh if you can't even bother to spell the name of the place your business is in then what hope have you!!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

Weird that the website would be relatively okay but the leaflets sound rubbish. Their printer made a good fist of sabotaging the business. Oopsie.

Ayr, United Kingdom
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ayr Spice Indian Restaurant, Minishant

The Ayr Spice menu was printed by a London operation, and has over 100 mistakes. I have personally been involved with the restaurant, trying to get this sorted out. Regrettably the printer refuses to make amends and as the new business has spent a considerable sum on 25,000 menus this is something that they have to live with - for a short while. Please do not think badly of a new venture because of this. You can try and find out all the errors while you wait!

Their new website is www.ayrspice.co.uk and the corrected menu can be seen there. Also check out the Sunday Special offer £9.95 for anything from the menu. Must be worth a visit.

Get answers to your questions about Ayr
Recent Conversations