We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

Iam going

to craig tara for a wee break taking my dog and i would like to know what places i can go to with him.Alsowhere on camp sight i can go with him i dont want to have to stay in the caravan for the week and dont really want to just go walks Can anyone give me some info.Thank you

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

Hi, there is a regular bus that you can catch to and from Ayr. Huge stretch of beach and also parks in Ayr (and the beach at the camp) where dogs are welcome. I am less familiar with the actual camp itself but I presume that if dogs are allowed to stay, then they are ok being walked about on a lead.

Should you wish to explore a little in the other direction, its possible to catch the bus a down to the stunning Culzean Castle and Country Park, a real walkers paradise! By car it would take around twenty minutes from the camp to the castle (which has woodland walks and beaches), so a bus won't take much longer. nts.org.uk/Property/…

If you are here during finer weather, perhaps you'd enjoy sitting out in a beer garden enjoying a pub lunch with the dog in tow. Have fun.

Edited: 06 January 2012, 15:49
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

Stagecoach run a regular bus service from the camp reception to Ayr and apart from things to do there, you then have loads of places to go onwards from there. I've stayed in Craig Tara many times even when it was a Butlins lol. The bus is the number 97 service.

www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

Thank you for your reply ,we have decided to go to wemyssbay instead so i am truly hoping that it is a good holiday park.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

Same idea but smaller and hilly

5. Re: travel to ayr from craig tara buy bus or taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2013, 10:17