We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankie and Benny's

Which Ayr hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
290 reviews
Save Topic
Frankie and Benny's

I'd be very interested to hear any comments on the new Frankie and Benny's restaurant alongside the brand spanking new Travelodge at the Whitletts/A77 roundabout in ayr.

Just curious:-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Frankie and Benny's

Oopsie, I guess our Frankie and Benny luck just ran out. Resident teen just returned from what should have been a special night out at Ayr Branch. Apparently a 20 minute table was in reality an hour by the time they got seated and had their order taken.

First course sat on the counter for some time before finally making it to the table a bit cool, despite there being plenty of staff. After two hours they decided not to stick around for a second course and then waited forever to pay. I think the hard earned pocket money will be going somewhere else from now on. Tsk Tsk!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
77 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Frankie and Benny's

We have tried F&B's twice. Each time it was as we expected - not too busy, service good (if a little over-familiar) and we had no complaints about the food that we received. Our offspring claimed he had been to others elsewhere that had a better atmosphere but he wolfed into the dishes when they arrived.

First time we went was about a year ago and you could learn Italian in the toilets (they were playing language tapes!) but next time around it was the standard music in there.

But, each time we went it was early afternoon. I hear that it can get busy in the evenings and especially at the weekend.

33. Re: Frankie and Benny's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 00:17