We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinewood has closed

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Pinewood has closed

Website has been taken down and their last day of trading was Sunday 19th August. Been getting very poor reviews on Tripadvisor. Seems like they were unable to sustain the move to the new premises plus had trouble getting a drinks licence.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinewood has closed

Its a real shame as the chef really turned out some great food when we visited the old place on a number of occasions. The only downside was that the old place was very cramped and a little tired, which is probably why they made the move. I wonder what the sticking point was on the licence? I'm saddened by that news chezis.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinewood has closed

Yes Purple it is a shame. I ate in the old place a couple of times the last time being about a year ago and the food was good. I heard the news on Sunday from a friend who received a personal message on FB and the owner just said that the licence was a factor. Its only been 8 mths or so since they moved into the new place. I never had a chance to check it out but wish them luck for the future.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinewood has closed

Yes its a shame its closed as it was such an institution for many, but last ate in the old place (quite some time ago) and to be honest the food was not up to much. The furnishing, the carpets and the general appearence was really on its last legs.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinewood has closed

Thought the story in Ayrshire Post the other week was a bit dodgy. They were saying about how busy they had been since they moved to the new premises but it was dead any time I passed. It had no kerb appeal at all. A shame though.

Edited: 26 August 2012, 20:59
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
213 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinewood has closed

Shame. I liked the old place although it's been a while since I was last there. I did visit the new place a few months back and was disappointed by the slow service and poor quality of food.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pinewood has closed

That's a shame. Dined in the old place and it was excellent value with really good choice and good quality produce. The place was very tired and the carpet dirty.

Didn't go to the new place due to poor feedback regarding food quality and service from reviews on here and from friends who went there. Apparently they just moved the old fashioned seating and tables up the road.

There is an article in this week's Ayrshire Post stating that they owe an Assistant Manager wages to the tune of £4,000. Not a good situation.

Sorry to see the closure of a place that was an alternative to some of the restaurant chains.

Prestwick...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Pinewood has closed

Hi, reliably informed closed by Environmental Health

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pinewood has closed

Careful Stiga. If it was then it would be reported as such in the press. Pinewood had its hygiene inspection earlier this year and was awarded a pass. Its there in black and white online.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pinewood has closed

Purple is correct.Environmental Health did not close this restaurant down. It has ceased trading due to financial difficulties sadly.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Pinewood has closed

I had heard that they apparently owed a very large amount of money to various people, companies etc.