We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prestwick Airport Parking

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Prestwick Airport Parking

Just thought I would share my recent experience of car park booking with Airparks. Up to now, I have akways used the park and ride facility at Monkton (next HMS Gannet). This time round, I took up their offer of the Long Stay at the terminal building. I was told that this was right outside the terminal and my instructions stated that I should follow signs for Long Stay Car Park No 3 and when at the barrier, push the button and give the person your booking ref. On arrival, I found that there are no such signs but there is ONE long stay off the roundabout on the opposite side of the main road and which requires you to walk via the airport railway station. My wife has a mobility problem, so this walk gave us considerable problems. Also, I could see no such button to press at the ticket machine (although I may have missed this due to my state of anxiety at the time!) so I had to take a ticket. I phoned Airparks at the time, to voice my displeasure and they assured me tat everything should be when I return from holiday.....it had better be, as my flight gets in around midnight! I'll post on progress when I get back but wish I'd used the Monkton option.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prestwick Airport Parking

Just to say got back from holiday last night and had no problems exiting the car park. Yes, there was a button at the exit to speak to an operator which enabled me to exit without difficulty (I was obviously too exasperated to see it on arrival). However, wife remained at the pick-up point while I went for the car. I think we'll definitely go for the Monkton option next time.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prestwick Airport Parking

Johnboy I hope you had a great trip! The info you have given here will hopefully be of use to someone who has mobility issues to consider when transiting through glasgow prestwick airport.

3. Re: Prestwick Airport Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 21:05
4. Re: Prestwick Airport Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 16:15