We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

If there's one thing guaranteed to take the shine off a dining experience its being told, on presentation of your debit card AFTER you've eaten, that they can only accept cash payment. Grrrrrrr. Just putting that out there in case anyone else is heading their way any time soon.

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
649 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

Read the reviews back to the start of the year and strangely enough no one mentions that, they must have all been paying cash :)

Have got a takeaway menu, but not tried it yet. Soon though.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

Never a good sign for a business when they stop taking cards .....

We have had a few deliveries from there and they were excellent.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

Purple,

Can understand your frustration, but was the meal worth it?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

baz I skimmed through the reviews too as its been a while since we ate there. All looked positive. No signs that I could see at the restaurant either, and no heads-up from the waiter when we arrived. Got a sinking feeling when I realised I didn't have enough money in my purse and would have to do a whip around when it was supposed to be my treat.

My meal was fine and dandy and the naan was excellent. A fellow diner later revealed disappointment when pressed: 'contender for the worst curry I've had. Starter was bland, curry sauce was watery but naan was great'

Perhaps it was an off day as the general concensus on the reviews is very good.

Prestwick, Scotland
Level Contributor
92 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

We've tried the takeaway service a few times and have been surprised at how quickly the food can be picked up....possibly made earlier and reheated. Food ok, but defo had better

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

Yeah I'd say it was ok too, but not great like papa-doms on tams brig or balbirs or ayr india. Then again it was a bit cheaper than those other places. I've since been reminded about the waiter we had who stood polishing our plates at the table and somehow managed to drag his tie over each plate. Oh and the toilets have seen better days. Those days were probably in 1976.

7. Re: Indian Links Restaurant North Beach Hotel cash only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Prestwick