We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prestwick main street fire

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
prestwick main street fire

am getting sketchy reports of a restaurant getting fire damage yesterday. can anyone fill me in on the story. thanks:)

Scotland
Level Contributor
274 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prestwick main street fire

Appears to be the Taj. Happened yesterday about lunchtime. Road into Prestwick was closed from the airport.

I heard that the fire started in the kitchen and was quite extensive.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prestwick main street fire

oh thats pretty rotten for the family. i think there is living accommodation above the restaurant. hope everyone is ok. property is replaceable.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,010 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prestwick main street fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUih_uC-YKQ

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prestwick main street fire

The usual idiots are making what I would say are libellous allegations. Upstairs accomodation is B and B and people had to be evacuated.

Hope they are back open again soon - local business who give to local football youth teams and SuperAyr. To be honest, I'm not a customer but appreciate they are a hardworking decent family.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prestwick main street fire

Thats pretty shoddy behaviour helshaw. They've been in that spot for as long as I can remember. They must be devastated.

Ronaldo, I'll check out the youtube link when I can get a better data signal. Cheers

6. Re: prestwick main street fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Prestwick