We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming soon to a place near you!

falkirk
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
coming soon to a place near you!

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of advice. My father stays on the island of Lewis and my girlfriend and I are planning to visit him in June. Normally I would talk to my father about things to do and see but he is in his late 50s and might not have the same interests as a couple in their low 20s. Could you recommend any exciting tours or activities to do while there?

Also could you recommend a very nice restaurant to go to? would really like to treat them to a fantastic meal - no budget in mind.... I can deal with a more expensive restaurant if it is worth trying :)

thanks for the help

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming soon to a place near you!

A long while ago we went for a meal on a disused air field in what looked like an anderson shelter. It was a great meal.

Maybe your dad would know what its called.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,091 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coming soon to a place near you!

I would talk to your dad,he lives in the area and is bound to have contacts to find out the type of things you might want to do.

In my experience most of the over 50's (myself included) can outparty ,outwalk,outdance and outexcite most folk in their 20's and we don't get embarassed about it.

I am sure if your dad read this he would be shaking his head or laughing his *ss off.

TALK TO HIM!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming soon to a place near you!

Digby Chick is good..ot the boatshed in the Royal hotel.

Talk to your Dad :)

4. Re: coming soon to a place near you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 04:16