We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place on Lewis to scatter ashes

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Good place on Lewis to scatter ashes

My mother sadly passed away in October and the family is hoping to have a get-together next July to commemorate her life and scatter her ashes in Lewis, which is where she was born, though she left when she was 14 and only went back once since then, I think.

She was born in Sandwick, just outside Stornoway, and my sister thought we could do it on seafront there, but I am worried that it will be too public and also not the most appealing place, with possible access difficulties too.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a peaceful and secluded place where it might be appropriate to lay her to final rest? Some of the party may have limited mobility, so the place would have to have vehicle access reasonably nearby.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place on Lewis to scatter ashes

What about the Braighe..The Aignish cemetry side has a path from the car park..That side is usually quiet..and a lovely setting.

Near to Sandwick too

2. Re: Good place on Lewis to scatter ashes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 21:15