We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mull in February!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mull in February!

Hi

Yep; we're going to Mull for a week in February 2013 following our wedding.

I appreciate that we might be a bit bonkers but does anyone have any experience of the area well out of season????

We're not bothered about the weather; have camped in the Cairngorms in late December and hiked in blizzards etc so a bit of rain and wind doesn't bother us.

No kids so only two adults to occupy (and we're on honeymoon anyway!)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Tobermory, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mull in February!

Mull is certainly quieter in February than in high season. Many of the tourist shop and other attractions are closed. One bonus is that the roads are also less busy.

If you are not bothered about the weather you should have a great time. Trust weather is kind for the wedding itself though.

Qualification for comments; I live in Tobermory.

Chorley, Lancashire
Level Contributor
339 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mull in February!

We'll be there too! We've visited once before in Feb, the weather was kind and the wildlife was great. Plus, No people (always a bonus in my book)

I did fall and break my arm though (watching a Raven courtship flight!) I can vouch for the excellent health care service in the hospital in Salen. Although hopefully you won't need it!

I'm sure if you like wildlife and walking you'll have a great time.

Enjoy you honeymoon :)

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mull in February!

Where are you basing yourselves, and do you have accommodation already booked?

The main attraction of Mull is, of course, the scenery which is open all year round! The weather and the shorter daylight hours are the only real drawback of going in February. While some attractions like Duart Castle will be closed, there are options like wildlife tours and photography tours conducted by island residents, who will be glad of the business in the slow months, and you'll probably get a tour to yourselves.

Or just arm yourselves with the appropriate books from here and off you go:

www.brown-whittaker.co.uk/catalogue.html

Maldon, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Mull in February!

in my experience Mull is beautiful at any time of year. We have been in December remember it is in the Gulf streem

5. Re: Mull in February!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Mull