We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tours of Isle of Mull Stone Circles

Idaho
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Guided tours of Isle of Mull Stone Circles

Hi. I'm planning a solo trip around Scotland by bus and train and want to plan a ferry ride to the Isle of Mull to see the standing stones. I can't find anything on the internet. I do not want to rent a car and was wondering if there are any type of guided tours that take you to some or all of the standing stones. I have plenty of time so I can stay on Mull or in Oban. Thanks!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided tours of Isle of Mull Stone Circles

How about this? Combining wildlife and places of historic interest, stone circles, ruined villages - no experience of them but might be worth an email

http://www.aboutmullwildlife.co.uk/index.html

Tobermory, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided tours of Isle of Mull Stone Circles

FYI there is a comprehensive guide to all Mull standing stone and the stone circle in the Mull Museum, Tobermory. Getting to many of the stones is going to be difficult without a car as most are off public transport routes. As Heather indicates the only way of getting to some would be to hire a tour guide / taxi which might be expensive. Most tours of the island focus on the wild wife and so it be most likely that you would be the only person wanting to visit the stones hence the high charge for a single person.

Having said all that I wish you a successful trip to this beautiful island. Today is just perfect.

Idaho
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided tours of Isle of Mull Stone Circles

Thank you so much for your replies. I appreciate it.

4. Re: Guided tours of Isle of Mull Stone Circles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Mull