We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben More with Toddler?

London/Sheffield
6 posts
Save Topic
Ben More with Toddler?

Hi, We are staying in Tobermory for 1 week from 3rd August. We would love to do the Ben More from Dhiseig walk but we have a just turned 3 year old child. Can anyone advise whether it is suitable for walking with a toddler? We have a back carrier of course. How secure is the route underfoot, is there a well worn path? Also does anyone know whether the puffins are likely to still be on Lunga that week?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ben More with Toddler?

It's a few years since I did it, and hopefully you'll also get replies from people who have been up there more recently. However, as I recall it is very straightforward - it's basically just a walk. As long as you are prepared to carry your youngster for much of the way it should be fine.

I fear the puffins will have gone by next week, but I suggest you phone one of the boatmen for an up to date report e.g. Turus Mara on 01688 400242

2. Re: Ben More with Toddler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Mull