We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please!!! help on this itinerary

Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please!!! help on this itinerary

Starting in Edinburgh (2 nights) then booked two nights in Pitlochry (was planning to visit eastern area on one day, return to Pitlochry for the night). Then the next day was planning to take off for the Isle of Skye and stay two nights in Sligochan? I would be bypassing whole Inverness and Loch Ness area. Are they areas not to be missed?

Also is traveling by car from Pitlochry to Skye a bit too much in day?

After Skye was planning to travel to Ballachulish / Glencoe area (one Night). Then one night in Stirling and one night back in edinburgh near airport

Appreciate any help on my itinerary you can provide

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please!!! help on this itinerary

Hi

Sounds a good plan. IMHO there is nothing special about Loch Ness (sorry, Nessie!) and you don't really need to see it. Inverness is interesting, but not unmissable....

No probs travelling from Pitlochry to Skye in a day.

Stirling is not v. far from Edinburgh so you could think of somewhere in between and spend two nights there at the end of the trip - unless your flight is at the crack of dawn.

Hope this helps

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please!!! help on this itinerary

I agree with fifporter. Stirling is within easy reach of EDI, so if you are in a hire car you could well spend your last two nights in Stirling and then drive stright to the airport.

Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please!!! help on this itinerary

Thanks so much for the input! And I'll take your advice about staying in Stirling.

4. Re: Please!!! help on this itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:17