We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for 8 days in October

Minnesota
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Ideas for 8 days in October

My wife and I will be spending our 25th wedding anniversary on an 8-day holiday in Western Scotland. We're seeking routes and destinations. We fly to Glascow on Oct 10 and will likely hire a car. Want to minimize "windshield" time by finding 2-3 places to stay. We definately want to spend time on islands, but not Iona. Will driving to and from Skye take too much time?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
8,491 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Ideas for 8 days in October

No, driving to and from Skye is a good plan. If you use the Mallaig - Skye ferry one way and the Skye Bridge in the other direction, then you can make it a round trip, which will take you through some of Scotland's finest scenery.

Denver, North...
Level Contributor
234 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Ideas for 8 days in October

I am so jealous! My husband and I toured Scotland last October for our 10th wedding anniversary. We had the most incredible vacation. As I posted in another forum, we purchased a complete driving plan from "Secret Scotland" prior to our trip. I think we paid about $30 for the plan. I think having the plan is what made our vacation so perfect. We chose our day trips from what they sent us and were never disappointed. We did not want to be aimlessly driving around (on the other side of the road for us:). So we simply followed their suggestions and had a fabulous trip!

3. Re: Ideas for 8 days in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:15