We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

bronx
5 posts
Save Topic
weather

My husband and I will be visiting Skye from Aug. 11th until the 14th. What sort of weather should we be prepared for?

Newcastle,Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: weather

We were on Skye for 3 days in April over Easter and we could not have had better weather. Cool crisp mornings, warm to very warm clear sunny days, cold clear nights.One day the temperature guide in the car read 26 degrees C. After hearing that were likey to get rain here we were pleasantly surprised as it made the visit to this amazing place that much better. So you might get lucky too. Just as an aside in the whole 4 weeks travelling around Scotland and England during April/May we had one rainy day and one cloudy day all other days were warm and sunny, only used my raincoat once.

london
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: weather

I'm really glad you had such good weather Cleo ... however if you read through the blog I posted earlier, you'll find that after you left they got drenched and blown about good and proper

Burton, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: weather

The weather is not a problem it will be find for you trust me i'm a doctor...

..Just bring a wet suit for the midges...

london
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: weather

Avon Skin So Soft is highly recommended for deterring midges ... unless you try the new Smidge

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: weather

the wind and rain will keep the midges away. Every cloud has a silver lining.

16. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2012, 05:35