We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faerie Glen

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Faerie Glen

Hi,

Just wondering if there is somewhere to park close to Faerie Glen? Is there any signposted walks? Is it relatively easy to spend an hour or so here? Is there any parts of this Glen that are particularly recommended?

Thankyou

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,803 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faerie Glen

We just pulled into the side of the road. There wasn't a car park. (this was a couple of years ago) You can spend as long as you like - the fairies won't mind

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Faerie Glen

There is limited parking at the side of the road but it never seems to be very busy. It is not entirely clear whether the place that people tend park is actually an oversized passing space or actually intended for parking - but I've never had a problem.

I don't think there are any signposted walks (not when I was last there anyway). But you could easily wile away an hour or so just wandering about and exploring - and as it is a miniature mountain range you are unlikely to get lost.

I recommend clambering up to the pinnacle (you can't miss it - it is the highest point at the Faerie Glen). It is fun trying to squeeze through the gap (a miniature ravine that I got thorough with ease the first time I visited but with successive years is getting more and more difficult) just before the pinnacle. Care is needed (especially if you have kids with you) but it isn't real rock climbing if you go up the longer path (only a hundred yards or so) rather than up the steep side.

There are no facilities there at all except the road and the parking space (and possibly a picnic table).

This is of course Faerie Glen near Uig and not Faerie Pools on the road to Glen Brittle and not Faerie Bridge on the road between Dunvegan and Portree - despite the Faerie connection they are all many miles apart!

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Faerie Glen

I assume you've seen the Tripadviser reviews here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186585-…

I hadn't seen them before and enjoyed reading them just now

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Faerie Glen

Yes, Ive seen that thanks, very useful. Only a week now til we go, so just hoping for some clear weather!

5. Re: Faerie Glen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Skye