We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

3 posts
Save Topic
Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

Hi,

Heading to Skye with my husband a another couple on Saturday (23rd March) till Tuesday. We're staying near Waternish which I think is Trotternish area. We were hoping to have a good night at a friendly pub, hopefully with some good live music, maybe even a Ceilidh. Any suggestions? Happy to travel a little as we have a car.

Thanks

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

Stop in at Skye Music in Portree and speak with John. He plays in a few local bands including the local hero group The Sheepshank Redemption. He knows where the music is.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

Excellent, thanks PaulKris!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,319 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

The Edinbane Inn have regular music nights so worth getting in touch http://www.edinbaneinn.co.uk/ another friendly pub in the area although I don't think they have live music is The Stein Inn www.steininn.co.uk/stein-inn-drinking.php Both are in The Waternish area

4. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 13:00
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,319 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

and although a little further away http://www.theoldinnskye.co.uk/index.php?id=1 is close to the Tallisker Distillery if you are paying a visit and they do have live music sometimes although it may be a little early in the season.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,319 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

and it looks like Lochedge and myself were posting about The Edibane Inn at the same time :-))

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

The Cella Bar up in Dunvegan also had some sessions at least one night a week. Its in the Dunvegan Hotel and has music on Thursday and Saturday nights. At one time many well-known players showed up unannounced.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 21:06
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

Really appreciate all the responses, thanks! Can't wait to get there!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,319 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

You are more than welcome........Skye was looking absolutely stunning today, not a cloud in the sky and snow on the mountain tops 8-)

Have a fantastic few days :-)

Aberdeen, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Good music, maybe a Ceilidh?

Where is the best pub for live music and craic in Portree? I heard the Isles Inn and MacNabs had live music