We'll be spending two full days in Skye (late May), more specifically at a B&B in the Carbost area. I have an idea on how to spend these two days but I wanted to see what you all think -- if it's doable or not.
- Back to Carbost, Talisker Distillery should be open by now - take a tour
- Drive towards Glendale, lunch at Red Roof Cafe,
- Walk to Neist Point
- Dunvegan Castle (worth the time?)
- Walk to Coral Beach
- Drive towards Portree, dinner in Portree
- Drive back to Carbost
Day 2 Trotternish Peninsula (which direction is better, clockwise or counter?):
- Drive to Uig via Portree, detour to Faerie Glen for the walk there
- Walk the Quairaing (what's the best "bang for your buck" walk here?)
- Kilt Rock and Lealt Falls
- Walk to Old Man of Storr (what's the best "bang for your back" walk here?)
- Drive back to Carbost via Portree
Since we are sleeping in nearby Carbost, I would like to finish one of the two days by doing the Talisker Bay short walk and appreciate the sunset from there.
Is all of this doable or am I packing way too much?
Thank you in advance!