We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Long to See These Sites?

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
How Long to See These Sites?

We are trying to finalize plans for Skye and have at least two nights there - we are wondering if that will be enough given the number of things to do on the island.

Here is a list of things we have read about and heard about on TA - could anyone tell us which ones are the must sees, and how long we would need to see these sites?

- Fairy Pools

- Cuillins down by Glen Battle

- the Trotternish Ridge escarpment

- Kilt Rock and Leah Falls

- Elgol and the boat trip to Loch Coruisk

- Eilean Donan castle

- Old Man of Storr

- Neist Point and the lighthouse

- Dunvegan castle (not sure if this is a must see)

- Faerie Glen

Is there anything important missing?

We have heard that some sites are just short walks or drive throughs.

We were interested in getting into the Cuillins to hike and get some nice scenery but we have received some warnings about this so we may not pursue any further.

Any reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for helping.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: How Long to See These Sites?

^^ Well my posts are still there, despite asking 5 times in 30 hours for them to be removed ?? I can see your's has gone.

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: How Long to See These Sites?

Bluebreezer54 - it is too bad that you were not able to remove your posts earlier.

Regarding other comments - your replies are much appreciated. The comments regarding packing to much into one trip are points well made and we will take these to heart, as a frantic holiday is the last thing we want.

In any case, I thought I should make a quick note before things here get out of hand - all of the "tick" marks I included in the original question (which I felt was not unlike many other posts I have seen people make about what sights to include in a trip) were gathered from some very good recommendations from TA members sharing their ideas about what not to miss. Naturally, we do not expect to see everything in the time we have - the whole intent of the post is to avoid the "hellish" holiday and obtain a realistic view of how long each site will take - some walks for instance can take 30 or 40 minutes, others can take 5 to 7 hours. Not having been to Scotland, we cannot say ourselves how long it takes to see some of these sites. Reading through these posts, it is easy to see that it cannot all be done. I was hoping that someone would simply respond with the top sites they felt would be doable in the time that we had - we didn't mean to cause a ruckus.

33. Re: How Long to See These Sites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 07:18