We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Bus at Armadale

Rochford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Bus at Armadale

Hi,

We are planning to travel from Mallaig to Kyle of Lochalsh on Friday 30th August. The ferry arrives Armadale at 1425 and the Stagecoach 51 is shown to depart at 1430. I am presuming (hoping!) this is a meant to be a connection but would like some reassurance! If the ferry is late will the bus wait? How punctual is the ferry normally? Is 5 minutes enough to get off the ferry and get to the bus stop?

Also, are there ever any capacity issues with the ferry? We arrive Mallaig on the Jacobite so have some time to spare before the ferry departs but I wondered if it ever gets closed to foot passengers as you can't book these tickets online?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Mallaig
Mallaig
Lochaber, UK
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Bus at Armadale

The bus stop at Armadale is a few steps from the ferry. Yes, the bus is timed to meet the ferry and will wait if the ferry is a few minutes late. Foot passenger capacity isn't an issue on Calmac ferries, hence the lack of option to book.

In other words: dinnae fret, you'll be fine.

Rochford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Bus at Armadale

Thanks very much for putting my mind at rest, it's much appreciated!

3. Re: Ferry to Bus at Armadale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:16