We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild camping on the Isle of Skye

Bushey, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Wild camping on the Isle of Skye

Hello everybody :-)

Maybe there was the same question, I'm sorry, but I don´t have much time to the search. I would like to ask whether any of you have experience with wild camping on the island of Skye, whether it is allowed or not. Of course I know that we have to follow certain rules - as far away from the buildings, don´t make a mess etc. I would like with friends to go there and travel through the Isle of Skye, if everything goes well, we'll sleep in Duntulm, Portree and Milovaig. I will be so glad when someone writes their experience and advice. In advance thank you very much and have a nice day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild camping on the Isle of Skye

Yes Wild Camping is allowed in Isle of Skye and there are numerous places to choose from.

We did wild camp on the way to Glen brittle. There are lots of spots, you just need to eye it, stay away from road and put in your tent up there.

I had raised the same query month back and I recieved some superb suggestions from fellow travellers- tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186585-i749-k75…

I have also written little about my trip on my blog, check it out if you are interested - http://travelfunfoodpictures.com/

Cheers

Aanchal

2. Re: Wild camping on the Isle of Skye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:17