We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale questions

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kinsale questions

We are looking for a place to stay in Kinsale and things to do. Any recommendations would be great. We are not picky about our room, just as long as it is clean and we have our own bathroom. It looks like a great town and any "must see's" would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinsale questions

A very nice new place to stay is Friar's Lodge - the rooms are like good hotel rooms but the price's are lower. Kinsale is a lovely town but tends of course to now being a bit overblown and touristy. Drive further out towards Rosscarbery and Glandore - sit on the wall over the most magnificent view and have really special "sandwiches" from Hayes Bar. Fishy Fishy is also very good in Kinsale for lunch only. Giant crab claws etc. gets busy. I would only stay 1 night in Kinsale and move over to Glandore - there is a lovely farmhouse Kilfinnan Farm Guesthouse and up in the village there is a great fish restaurant called O'Callaghan Walshes. Check out www.lucindaosullivan.com - website of Ireland's leading food critic and you will see places to stay.

Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinsale questions

Hello! When I was in Kinsale 2 summers ago, travelling with my sister and parents, we stayed in hostels rather than B&B's. They're alot cheaper, though without the luxuries of a TV and a breakfast in bed. However, if you're not picky, I'd reccomend the Green Door Hostel. They have a large number of rooms, and it is right in the center of Kinsale, just minutes away from a variety of pubs and restaurants. The beds are comfortable, and a bathroom is included. And a must see in Kinsale: Charle's Fort. This star-shaped fort is somewhat in ruins now, but is very fun (take this from a teenager) to go explore.

Slainte, and have fun!

-Irishghillietoes

Colorado
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinsale questions

Actually, that would be Guardwell Hostel in Kinsale!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kinsale questions

We were in Kinsale about three weeks ago and stayed at "The Old Presbytery" - a wonderful b&b in the heart of Kinsale. We had a room with a view - it was at the very top of the stairs. It was so comfortable and with a nice bath. The innkeepers were very warm and their little dog - scampi - is the cutest thing and is stationed in a flower pot right out side the front door. I highly recommend the Old Presbytery.