We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adapter plugs

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Adapter plugs

I am having a brain freeze. Do we take the adapters that we used in England/Scotland two years ago or the ones we used in Italy last year to Ireland? I think Ireland uses the same type of plug as the rest of Great Britain, but I wanted to make sure.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adapter plugs

The UK one is the one you want.

Hint - the phrase 'the rest of Great Britain' associated with Ireland, while geographically correct (though you will get argument on this!) is likely to bring down on you a long lecture in which the words 'oppression' and 'English rule' and '800 years' will occur frequently. (cheesy grin :-))

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adapter plugs

Thanks. That is what I thought, but was having some doubts.

I will be careful about my phrasology!! You sound like my Welsh cousin - she is a schoolteacher and a Welsh nationalist. She was part of the movement 30 years ago to bring the Welsh language back into the public schools.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adapter plugs

Shhh, say this very quietly, I'm here 35 years but I'm actually one of the oppressors. ;-)

4. Re: Adapter plugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 12:21