We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from dublin airport to kildare town

california
Level Contributor
368 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
bus from dublin airport to kildare town

I'll be needing to take a bus from Dublin Airport to Kildare town.

What's the best way to do this at mid-day on a Saturday in September?

I've seen the bus Eireann info - which has me take the bus into Dublin and change at the Busaras station - taking 2+ hours to go 40 miles.

If I have to I'll do that, but when I was making my room reservation in Kildare, she told me to NOT go into Dublin that there was another bus I could take that avoids that.

Problem is I could not understand what bus she was telling me to look for and the phone number she gave me for them was not a working number.

It sounded like 'cabness' to me when she said it. When she spelled it, it sounded like 'krnrbrth' ! Anything I spelled back she said was right? When I asked where the vowels were she said she only uses the small letters? Weird because all the rest of our conversation made perfect sense except for this.

The phone for this bus that she gave me that didn't work is 01 679 154 9

california
Level Contributor
368 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from dublin airport to kildare town

I did find that I could take bus 748 to Heuston station and then the train. That looks like it could take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours depending on luck of timing.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from dublin airport to kildare town

Hi abgoing,

I think the lady may have been talking about a bus company called Kavanagh's. You can take the J.J kavanagh bus which leaves from the Airport and travels direct to Kildare town. I think they operate the service four times a day. you can check out timetables on their website.

www.jjkavanagh.ie

california
Level Contributor
368 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from dublin airport to kildare town

Yes, that is most likely what she meant!

Whether the time is better than taking bus to train depends on what time I actually manage to land and go through passport control.

So I'll keep this info with me in case it fits.

Thank you :)

4. Re: bus from dublin airport to kildare town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 20:20