We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation in Ireland and Chunnel between Paris and London

Massachusetts
1 post
Save Topic
Vacation in Ireland and Chunnel between Paris and London

Hi,

A friend and I would like to vacation in nice weather in Ireland for about a week. We would also like to take the chunnel from Paris to London or vice-versa. Any suggesions on the easiest way to visit London, Paris & Ireland?

Thanks,

Sweetiepyye

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation in Ireland and Chunnel between Paris and London

Hiya, I would probably fly into the UK, spend whatever time there you need. Do the chunnel thing to Paris. Stay there for a few days then go to Ireland with Ryanair from paris-beauvais. You could then fly back to the US from Shannon. Just be sure to pack light as Ryanair excess baggage is exorbitant.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation in Ireland and Chunnel between Paris and London

Hi, welcome to TA, and welcome to Ireland.

From my own research, one way fares on the Eurostar between London+Paris (or v.v) can be as expensive as returns. Avoid weekends, Fri + Thurs for best value. However, you can get a better deal by accessing their Eurostar US site, and can also book further in advance then in Europe. You can also use their site to book hotel+train packages, but I did not find this to be well presented (i.e. too many hotels to choose from).

The key is to book as far in advance as possible to get the best fares. There are plenty of postings on the Paris and London forums on the Eurostar.

I'm not sure how many weeks you intend visting those locations for. A week in London, 5 days in Paris, plus a week in Ireland could end up costing a lot of money and vacation time. Why not take them in smaller chunks this time?

While Ryanair to/from Paris is an option, remember it's a good distance to the airport, while the Eurostar goes from Gare de Nord, right in the centre.

Also not sure about what time of year you are visiting - nice weather in Ireland was a bit hit + miss last summer!

Have a think + let us know if you have anymore questions.

3. Re: Vacation in Ireland and Chunnel between Paris and London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 09:33