We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours Dublin to Belfast

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day tours Dublin to Belfast

Want to spend a day there and only tour I could find was Paddywagon and on their site shows as no tours available in September. beanalainn has said how beautiful train trip is and am looking at that option but noticing rail travel is expensive and wondering if there are any one day tours that combine the rail option? or other day tour operators from Dublin to Belfast?

Wild Rover Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Galway Tour Company
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Rural Pub Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tours Dublin to Belfast

Avoca,

With the exception of Paddywagon, I don't know of any day tours that would stretch that far by bus, with not enough of a demand.

And because of the new motorway (M1), a lot of the nice/scenic towns are now bypassed.

Beanalainn is correct about the train trip to Belfast being very scenic. Sights like the Bridge over the River Boyne at Drogheda, the coast along North Dublin, and the few viaducts around Newry are hard to beat, but at EUR35 for a same day return, it ain't cheap!

You have other options:

At www.buseireann.ie , a single Dublin-Belfast = EUR7. I'd say you'd find that hard to beat in any country in Europe! When you get to Belfast, you could do an open top bus tour.

Another option is at www.railtours.ie. This trip covers a lot more then Belfast, and at EUR99, it ain't cheap.

Hope this helps!

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tours Dublin to Belfast

Thanks Dublinlocal, helpful info. Think we'll splurge and take the sameday train as it sounds like a beautiful trip.